The first ray of sunshine of 2014...

I know you missed me. I'm back to brighten some otherwise dreary existences. With my auto-eroticism out of the way, why have I been gone so long?


A combination of factors. Number 1 is that it was just nice to take a break in December when the big migration to the coast starts. Of course, my mind was active (some would say *too*) during this time, full of all the joys of life, embarking on a journey of discovery along with Alex, possibilities for the new year... Shark-cage diving, great food and braais, wine estates, Moyo in Stellenbosch, the Franschoek Motor Museum...it was a blast.




In their infantility, a lot of ideas are simply easier to think over in one's mind than to get them out there. The raw processing speed, not having to communicate an idea and make sure it's understood correctly etc. There are a lot of advantages. Partly for that reason, partly being busy with AWESOMENESS, they didn't quite make it onto paper. 



The Procrastination Equation is an excellent read by Piers Steel, Ph.D. It presents the titular equation as Success X Value / Impulsiveness X Delay. Yeah, never been a fan of how math is encoded in ASCII either. What I'm oh-so-eloquently trying to say, is that as more and more stuff built up in my mind, the more difficult it became to get it out there. Thus, I procrastinated. Like a professional.  Because of my diminished chances of success (explaining myself like a schoolboy before a headmaster), I delayed even further. This created a cycle. It's time to break that cycle. THIS...IS 2014! (Tip: you have to read it like "THIS...IS SPAAARTAAAA!!"


Boys and girls, that means, Santa has EXTRA GOODNESS for you this year. And this is Konrad v1.16a. Now enhanced by www.lumosity.com. Solid research and logical conclusions, great and very well-designed exercises, a fantastic iOS app, there's nothing not to like here.

I've already plugged it on Facebook, but I might as well plug it here. Hey, they might give me a job. I've learnt that there's a reason why South Africa possesses a so-called unemployment-crisis. Don't worry, it's not going to turn into an pro-ANC-flavoured rant. But work is scarce. That's definitely Priority Number 1™ for 2014. Get a new job. 

And blog more. Stop thinking about that shit. Get it OUT. Share it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2: World of Warcraft (2004)

Lil' Dice - Roll 'em! Or not...

God wants us to be with Him...