#5 - Arrested Development (2003). Kitty: Say goodbye to these, because it’s the last time!

I regard only the original three seasons (there's a 4th on Netflix, and I've seen an episode of it on D.S.T.V.) as exactly that: the original and proper series.


I have extremely fond memories of watching this with Wynand. We both absolutely loved it! At the time, at least for us, it came out of left field. Entirely.

He randomly heard about it on some poker forums, and it was ridiculously cheap on Amazon. The recommendation was something akin to "BEST SERIES EVER!!!". If you know anything about the TwoPlusTwo forums, you'll realize that you can find some great content there, if you're diligent enough to sift relentlessly through endless garbage. Or know exactly where to look. It was a trusted source, so to speak.



We were not disappointed. I could go on all day about how this is very similar to the EXACT comedy T.V. series I'd hope to write, if I were ever given such a task. The dialogue is so intellectual and incredibly clever, the characterization is a thing of beauty, the plot is well thought-out... Seriously - What's not to like here? 



This graphic gives you a moderate understanding of exactly how complex and layered this is. I swear, I watched it several times and EVERY TIME I caught new elements of the jokes. It's like peeling back an onion.

I suppose if you aren't attentive enough during series, and rather watch them for pure mindless fun, it can be considered "too cerebral".


Michael (to G.O.B.): Get rid of the Seaward.
Lucille: I’ll leave when I’m good and ready.

Tobias: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over: an analyst and a therapist, the world’s first “analrapist.”

Lucille: Did that Mexican girlfriend of yours kick you out?
G.O.B.: She’s not that Mexican, Mom, she’s my Mexican. And she’s Colombian or something. Anyway, it’s over.
Lucille: You’ve got three days.
G.O.B.: Hey … if I can’t find a horny immigrant by then, I don’t deserve to stay here.

Lucille: I don’t have the milk of mother’s kindness in me anymore.
Michael: Yeah. That udder’s been dry for a while though, hasn’t it?

Kitty: Say goodbye to these, because it’s the last time!



You'll only get these if you're a fan of the series, since they require knowing the characters like intimate friends (which most great series accomplish, to some degree). They made this boy smile. Broadly. Some would say the "L-word".

Yes, "laugh". :-D


Since I rate everything from my daily breakfast to the way my head hits the pillow at night, on a scale out of 21, I might as well do that (:-P):

17/21.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2: World of Warcraft (2004)

Lil' Dice - Roll 'em! Or not...

God wants us to be with Him...