Gotta get me some of that new honey!

Ok, this is all about me. With that in mind, I’m delaying the “Top 10: Films” list because, I realized, last night I could only think of one thing.

Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, gets you over someone like meeting someone else. Yeah, sometimes you’re not ready blah blah. Still. It helped with the disappointment of my second date, lifetime, and boy did it help yesterday.

J and I are no more. He was so intelligent, charming and just downright nice. Oh well, the reason for our break-up is that he really wants to study medicine to go with his 4 degrees and 3 diplomas, and that’s more important than me. Fair enough. I have no right to try change his personality, I would just never have made that choice myself. I hope the Dubai-venture works out for him. We’re still friendly, and it’s by no means a sure thing that he will be emigrating, but he didn’t feel it was fair to put me through that emotional turmoil of not-knowing. I appreciate that.

So in response, I put myself out there again, and damnit I’m ready for it after 2 years of suicides and accidents, best friends being incredibly messed up and so on. Especially after the joy I had with Wynand. So I met a gorgeous 22-year-old who is my type to a T. We’re jamming on Tuesday, so wish me luck! Very excited about it.

All-in-all, I don’t know nothing about life, once again. I’m a decent person. But whenever I feel down about perceived rejection in future, *old negro sitting on the porch with his forty* Damn I gotta get me some of that new honey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2: World of Warcraft (2004)

Lil' Dice - Roll 'em! Or not...

God wants us to be with Him...