To the ramparts! Defend the castle!

I was quite ill the last week or so, hence updates were sporadic. Over it now, mostly. I suspect it was flu, but not the sniffles-type "flu".

I want to mention that I have lived an extremely happy life this last while. In no small way has it been due to A. He makes me very happy. I'd love for him to be just as happy as I am, since he's still young and happens to be a bit neurotic about stress. But I digress...

I have several immense sources of strength in my life. First and foremost, and the inspiration for this entry, my family, lover and friends. They are amazing! They truly are. So often, in the past, I've been really quick to anger, ungrateful and selfish. Not to mention, stubborn. However, they're still with me. Now's the time to give back.


When something/someone threatens this source of strength, the natural instinct becomes to defend it with one's life. You know, Gandalf on The Bridge of Khazad-Dûm. This is exactly the way it should be. If something REALLY gives you a source of personal strength, protect it...nurture it...and ABSOLUTELY defend it.



I had a horrible Sunday. It started off beyond awesome, waking up in the arms of my lover. We drove to Pretoria in time. Then it very quickly went downhill. I'm not proud of my behaviour. Even so, I'm just human. I did something I shouldn't have. Actually, something relatively minor.

It made me feel really bad. It could have been avoided easily and spoilt the tail-end of the weekend. As luck would have it, I had an opportunity later to do something about it, and I did. At the time, it was fairly distasteful and  not my natural instinct. I guess I had to work for it. And guess what?!

I feel great now, partly because my attempt succeeded. I realized a couple of things, most of which I will spare you now, but one was the following:

Life is a journey. 

You can't figure it out. When you think you pretty much have, it'll throw something at you. The process of figuring stuff out...now that's important.

Another thing I figured out was that this very blog is also an inspiration and source of strength to me. Why? However stupid, it feels as if I can communicate with the world through this. Whatever's on my mind, I just fling it out here. Reliving great experiences, sharing some of what made Wynand cool...it's all in a day's work. I don't ever want to give that up.

Until next time, let's try to enjoy that journey, as well as imagine ourselves as Gandalf when a real source of our strength is threatened.

That, and if you don't have tickets for an event such as the rAge Expo, don't go around 09h00. Just don't.

Comments

  1. You are the sweetest person there is. Thank you for completely surprising me today when you picked me up for lunch to spend time with me. You are truly a wonderful star in the universe. Let your joy and love live on. Thank you sweety.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, those are EXTREMELY kind words. Thanks so much! I don't really deserve the sentiment, but I do appreciate it. It's nice to feel kinda special. Thank you, young man! Of course, it's a little easier to say what you did, when you are awesome yourself! Thanks for sharing life with me, it's terribly cool.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#2: World of Warcraft (2004)

Lil' Dice - Roll 'em! Or not...

God wants us to be with Him...