Countdown Challenge

People, I'm offering R50 of my hard-earned cash to the first person to guess my top 2 entries correctly. Order matters, and the close is a full day (24 hours - 08h00 a.m.) from now. You can contact me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, comments or by email/Whatsapp/SMS. Let me buy you a drink, chat about our favourite memories from games, and I give you R50. Something like that.

So what have we covered so far? Here's a list:



What was it based on? Why isn't XXXXX in there? The attributes the list was based on, were:
  • Fun – A disco-based 80's quirky drug-fuelled fantasy is inherently more fun than a realistic interpretation of World War II. I don't think I really need to go into this.
  • Production – As someone who believes that games have more entertainment promise than film (as great as they may be), I love to see a well-delivered soundtrack, cinematics, story, the overall presentation...
  • Story – Maybe this is too similar to production, but I think it's important enough that it deserves a mention. There's nothing as compelling as your own imagination, and a great story leads to you “filling in the gaps”.
  • Gameplay – The Big One. This takes precedence over all others. A game must be greatly enjoyable to play. Is it a grind? Well it better be exceedingly well-thought-out.

You might notice I don't list “Graphics” in there? It's simply not that important. It's a plus if it's great, but it's not required. Fuck all the emptiness that comes across in things like Call of Duty 7 or whatever it's up to by now. What innovations in gameplay are present in it? N-O-T-H-I-N-G.


So, what would complete the list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2: World of Warcraft (2004)

Lil' Dice - Roll 'em! Or not...

God wants us to be with Him...