You won't believe what happened Friday night!!!

Dear Wynand

On Friday night, I was with R, L, C and C (:-P) @ Grafters'. Also D, but that's another story entirely (TRIVIA NIGHT!). Before the game, L told me she thought 4 - 1 to Spain. I think she was half-joking, but SHE DID think the Netherlands would probably lose. I was a tiny bit more optimistic (I've been nearly manic this last while, though NOT AS BAD as you, at all. :-D) but I was still tending towards España winning. Maybe 2-1. *Maybe* draw 2-2. 

 I largely base this on Spanish teams dominating the UEFA Champions League Final. True, they could have (and usually do have) players from mostly all over the world. Still. It influences national morale. 

They are the reigning World Champions after all. For a while, POSSESSION-FOOTBALL was KING. Not anymore. Been watching a lot, and it's a different style now dominating.

FUCK, IS DUTCH MORALE THROUGH THE ROOF!

#5pa1n !!! S.C. shared this, and it's so clever! That's why L and I were ^5ing each other, hugging, DANCING with joy. After the opening penalty for Spain (that was incredibly unjust, replays show he didn't even touch him!), the mood took a dive, just like Diego Costa TOOK A DIVE. Was this fair? 
It was palpable. I could FEEL IT. We were despondent. 

But the K.N.V.B. (Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond) never gave up! Most saliently, Robin Van Persie (what a LEGEND!) never gave up.


More pleasure: They're gonna win!!! (Dutch and MUFC)

Last linky for now (if it's just so I can relive it)! 

Robin Van Persie Flying Head Goal - Most Amazing Goal Ever


So you know by now, 5-1. 5. 5!!! I don't have to say too much about this. Except that this is such a powerful reminder and at such a delicate and important part of my young existence, but here's what Sir Winston Churchill (hero of mine) said that ties in with this:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”



Here's a little graphic I did about who I'm supporting (yeah, I know Ghana and Japan lost, so what?):


Lastly, if you made it this far, let me publicly thank Wynand Geyser for the AMAZING role he played in my life, AGAINST ALL THE ODDS. Even in death, he taught me a phenomenal lesson;

"NEVER GIVE UP. Down that road, death lies. Some people care about you!"

Nuke, Chami!
M.
^5 (/high five/) - 1! http://mymindthehauntedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/11/5.html :-) As Ricky Gervais would have said on their XFM show, "WHAT A LINK THAT WAS." :-D 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2: World of Warcraft (2004)

Lil' Dice - Roll 'em! Or not...

God wants us to be with Him...