^5!

Wow, it's almost scary how happy I've been for around a month. Yes, I've had pretty stressful shit as well, but I truly believe I am/have:

  • Able to deal with it 100x better than before
  • Surrounded myself with the greatest group of people I can imagine

Recently, because of my boyfriend's, Alex's, past, I've come to appreciate my own family even more. Not only that, but I will ALWAYS feel indebted to Dad. More or less, he gave me a second chance at life. The amount of stuff both my parents have done for me since "THE" accident is... Here, I'm at a loss for words. Ek is sooo inniglik lief vir julle, dankie vir al julle moeite!


I can't quite explain the dramatic turnaround I've experienced since the events of around 2004/2005. I <3 them SOOO much more. It's is one of the, actually numerous things, the accident has provided me with.


If that wasn't enough, I have the most amazing boyfriend. Fuck-it, everyone automatically believes "Oh. New relationship? We'll see if it lasts." ANY-way. I'd be an idiot not to consider that aspect, but I believe this is the one. It feels so much like my relationship with Wynand, and that would have lasted if he didn't develop bipolar disorder. At the same time, this is unique and new. Yeah, he's gonna read this, but I honestly want him to. It's part of the new me. This is what's on my mind, and these blog entries always will be.

That brings me neatly to another point - I'm actually optimistic about contracting. I think, by my nature/personality, that permanent employment is more to my liking. I also realize that permanent employment hasn't been a white man's game for ages. I have next to 0% bitterness about it. Enough said about B.E.E.


But approaching contracting as a game, and a challenge, puts my brain to work at the natural task of "Problem. Let's jump in and solve it!" The iOS app, OfficeTime, seems very legit in my brief trial of it. It's certainly contributing, as well as my father's "much thought went into this"-spreadsheet.

 

Dankie, Pa! Waardeer die moeite verskriklik!

People like R (and his sis') & L, I (the guitarist), R (Taiwan), W & E (games night), J (oldest friend, pretty much), W (family friends' son, had such a HUGE influence on my teenage years...), N (varsity female friend) - There are way too many to mention them all. I'd be here for hours. But seriously, you have contributed to changing this person's LIFE.


Yesterday, Sannah, my domestic employee, told me: "Boetie! Ek's lief vir jou!" and gave me a hug. This was after I treated her as a person, not a slave, and helped her with a major problem. Of course, one should help one's employees!

I know I'm rambling, and maybe I'd ordinarily have slept on this, but this is my new thing and it's what's on my brain, and heart.

Final thing, R (not the same as above, school friend who was also in Arcadia House, now a D.J.) came up with "^5!" as a way of saying "High Five!" in written/typed text. I think it's ridiculously cool, and I've always been on a mission to popularize it.

So, guys... I LOVE my family, lover and friends!!! I'm happier than ever before!

^5!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2: World of Warcraft (2004)

Lil' Dice - Roll 'em! Or not...