Top 10 Lists and Their Nature

I was considering getting on my soap-box and delivering my list of the top video games of all time. Then, I realised, there are already tons of such lists across the Great Internet, so why would you read mine?

Firstly, it brings me amazing joy to reflect on the very personal memories each of these games has brought me. Once again, this is for people who know me. Without personal knowledge, this becomes irrelevant. This pursuit combines a lot of what I love. I am a gamer and have been since the age of 3, when I started on an Apple II. Probably the first game I can really remember absolutely loving is Choplifter (1982). Playing that using the brilliant Apple II joystick was, simply, sick!



I love design, and certainly not only visuals, i.e. most people's idea of graphic design. All the choices that have been made in producing something. I analyse films and enjoy them greatly, likely more so because of this. Along with my ex, Wynand (who loved films too), we came up with the rating scale out of 21. Some people think I'm just trying to be clever, but we put a ton of thought into it. Of course, I still use it today, so if you ever watch a film with me, I'll drown you with debate!

Guitar brought meaning to one of the most fantastic art-forms, music, and I make top 10 lists of guitarists and the various aspects of guitar up as I go along, driving or whatever, just to keep my brain entertained and occupied. What's the best T.V. series I've ever seen? I can tell you off-hand, because I've thought about it many times before. The Office (U.K.), by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.

So without further ado, lemme tell you about item no. 10 on my list. Tomorrow, I'll explain exactly why it made the list. I'll also reveal an honourable mention, that very nearly made the list, and explain why it didn't.


NO. 10 ----------- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (1995)
.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Short (2015) - Film Review

God wants us to be with Him...